Sunday, June 22, 2008
Wednesday, May 28, 2008
7:00 to 7:30 super social half hour
7:30 Meeting about next shows-Things About to Disappear and laundromat Show
734 Brooktree Rd.
Pacific Palisades (technically)
2 blocks south of Sunset Blvd.
Take Sunset to Brooktree Rd.
Friday, May 9, 2008
Tuesday, May 6, 2008
Locations for our next show were suggested. Group ideas for the "Things that are Disappearing" show were talked about.
One idea was to put up images of favorite people such as Bush and Cheney with markers next to them that could be used to cross out the images- darts could be provided as well. Other images of disappearing species could also be hung and the opportunity for people to write or recite homages to them could be provided. Sound tracks could also be created of that which is disappearing from our planet to be played at the show.
We discussed the show to be held at the laundromat.
A quote from an Andy Warhol's autobiography was discussed as a possible name for the show- further research into the exact quote needed-
"To be clean is to be beautiful"
Suggestions were made for performance type art for the show such as 1.dramas acted out between 2 lovers, family members etc. 2. All manner of objects being pulled out of a washing machine. 3. Spoken word readings 4. Displays of interesting clothing items. 5. Undressing down to a body suit with writing on it and putting all of your clothing into the washing machine-
Monday, May 5, 2008
For the Bio:
- 80-150 words per bio (ideal - if you run a bit over it's OK, but try not to run more than 30 words over and 20 words under)
- For those who've previously supplied bios, take a look at yours (sent 2x previously via email attachment) - and update the info based on where you are at now with your art.
- Bio text should be written in 3rd person to be consistent (no use of "I" - Write as if someone else were writing about you)
- Please edit or add text accordingly. I can work with you to finesse the writing (if needed and upon request), but you'll need to supply the basic ideas and info.
- For anyone else who wants to be in the group portfolio, please provide us with your bio.
- Contact me with any questions (email@example.com)
- Submit 3-5 images of your work
- Images should be 300 DPI and 5 inches in width or height
- If images are too large to email you can bring a CD to the next meeting or contact Andie directly for advice/assistance (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Sunday, May 4, 2008
Monday, April 28, 2008
Also on the agenda will be the location of our next show.
959 N.Croft Ave #2
LA CA 90069
1 blocks south of Santa Monica Blvd.
2 East of La Cienega
Monday, March 17, 2008
I've been taught to draw
Flat on white notepaper
Graduations of thin to thick
My neck is on a cord
There are masters who draw bamboo with sure quick curving strokes
I drive on a street that runs flat from dawn to sunset
A city planners grid east to west for the workers
Blinded by the sun in the morning and again on return at night
Because progress is a direction
Forward even if it seems we go back and forth
I call it bad road layout
You need those curves to preserve your vision
A big ball of twine is what I want
A tangle of sheltering lines
No direction only a center spot in the shade
© 2008 Audri Phillips